So how are yours looking?
A few weeks ago, as a belated birthday present for my husband, I shined up all of his shoes. And it inspired me to do a post about it, which I was originally going to file under Dress Your Man. But then I realized I needed some new polish for my own shoes and that reminded me that many women don't ever think to shine their own shoes.
(Like my stream of consciousness to arrive at this post?)
Scuffed shoes are one of those little things that can really kill a look. And it's so easy to correct! A little polish and a rag and you'll be looking shiny and new in no time.
- Shoe polish tins in colors to match our shoes (black, tan, brown, cordovan, neutral and white for my daughters' shoes)
- A wide brush (for broad strokes across the shoe)
- A small brush (for small, circular strokes in hard to reach areas)
- A suede block (for cleaning suede, looks kind of like an eraser with a stiff brush on one side)
- Rags (cut from old t-shirts)
- A couple ziplock baggies (so the polish that seeps through the rags doesn't color my fingers)
- Edge tint (this is for staining away scuffs that happen on the visible edges of the soles and heels)
Your man and your own feet with thank you!