Sheath dresses are universally flattering. But shop for one in spring or summer and nearly all the styles have straps instead of sleeves.
- Wear it now: with boots, fun patterned tights, sweaters, even a thin long-sleeved turtleneck underneath.
- Wear it later: without the hosiery and layers, add cute jewelry and a bright bag.
A white button-down shirt that fits you great is a wardrobe essential. Spring and summer options tend to be very thin "summer weight" cotton. Shop for one now and you'll score thicker material.
- Wear it now: with anything! Use it to showcase a great scarf or sweater.
- Wear it later: with anything! It's the perfect counterpoint to summer skirts and bright accessories.
Fall isn't all about heavier fabrics and thicker knits. You can find lightweight items and more styles with sleeves.
- Wear it now: as a nice thin layer to thicker sweaters and coats.
- Wear it later: as the perfect, floaty spring and summer top.
Fall is the perfect time to find dresses that hit at the knee. This is a great wrap dress in a color that works with boots in fall and sandals in summer. Personally, I would shorten those sleeves to elbow length. Easy to do and more appropriate for all seasons.
- Wear it now: with boots, a cute hat and scarf.
- Wear it later: with statement making sandals and a ponytail.
Again, just add a camisole. I'd also shorten the sleeves to just above the elbow.