There were tons of iterations on the fall runways but my favorite was Louis Vuitton.
Marc Jacobs' interpretation didn't just call to me but grabbed me and said, "Wear me. Looooove me."
He did wonderful, wearable plaids. I adore plaid.
And his shoes were so fantastic! (We'll be talking about the fall shoes next week.)
As I mentioned in my post last week about full skirts I already have, I'll be making a few circle skirts and plaid is most definitely on the list.
And the brilliant man translated the full skirt into LEATHER! That is sumptuous creamy leather you're looking at. How fantastic is that?
Here's another leather stunner.
And those gloves! I did not buy a pair of opera length gloves from Talbots last year and I still regret it.
How about a menswear pinstripe? Love it!
And I REALLY love the handbags.
I always choose structured bags over slouchy/Hobo-style bags.
Important style notes!
1. The full skirt should NOT hit above the knee. That would translate to prom.
2. The waist should hit at your waist, not sit low on your hips, otherwise you'll lose the whole hour-glass effect.
3. Keep the top slim fitting to balance the fullness on the bottom. Remember - fashion is a matter of proportions.
4. The full skirt can be worn loose or given a little structure and extra fullness with a crinoline/petticoat. Don't fear the crinoline!
5. If you're over 50, pair the skirt with a modern top, shoes and accessories to avoid the "Poor thing, she's living in the past." look. A plain, fitted t-shirt, denim jacket or shrunken blazer will work perfect.
A few other offerings. From Prada.
The full skirt can be part of a dress as well!
From Paul Smith.
Love the sheer overlay! My toddlers would destroy it but I still love it!
From Luisa Beccaria.
The skirt can be tiered for a little more fun.
And lest you think this trend is "new", here are just a few shots from Donna Karan's SPRING 2008 and this years resort show.
She had lots of wonderful full skirts two years ago!
Like I said last week, for anyone wanting to dress classic and feminine, the full skirt never goes out of style.
I really love the extra wide waistbands!
Graphic prints work well even with all the volume.
Another graphic print with a lovely lacy top. Fabulous styling.
Love the ethereal touch from the sheer material. I am envisioning a sheer skirt like this over a contrasting layer.